happy 3 years...


3 years ago, illya and i got married and headed up to seattle for our honeymoon. we thought it was pretty cool to be spending our 3rd anniversary there together again. we HEART seattle, big time! we have been there so many times & we never get bored. we really tried to see everything we could in 3 days...

we checked out puget sound...

...as well as safeco field. now, i am not a fan of football nor baseball
(can't stand'em, really)
but, i must admit, when we drove up and i saw the big sea hawk head, i was pretty excited. i guys we weren't the only ones happy to be there. we saw people camping out for mariners tickets.
crazy!





we also walked around, taking in the beauty of the city
(and also taking in our favorite donut/coffee shop. best donuts ever!!)...



...and, of course, what is a vacation in seattle without hitting up the first starbucks ever!?..

...but, of course, THEE spot in seattle is pike place market. i can spend HOURS there!...




so, happy 3rd anniversary, illya!
thanks for the memories...and, the awesome rotisserie pork at palomino's! =)

5 comments:

  The Brown Family

4:14 PM

aw, you make me sad, I miss home. You never know what you have until it's gone and you're stuck in a frozen valley with nothing around you for miles but cows and fields and steak houses as far as the eye can see. I miss all of the amazing food and beautiful scenery and I LOVE the fall in Seattle. It's mostly the food I miss though...

  The Brown Family

4:16 PM

Oh and happy 3rd anniversary! Ours in in two months and I have no clue what to do. 3 years is big though huh? It feels more substantial than 1 and 2.

  THE BULLOCK FAMILY

9:51 PM

Sad! You didn't stop in Tacoma to say hi!! It's ok I understand:( . Im glad you had fun in Seattle. It's funny that I have lived here for 15 years and only been to Seattle a few times. I have NEVER taken my kids there. We have always talked about taking a ferry someday and walking around downtown but we haven't done it yet. You are inspire me to go and enjoy the city that is 30 min. away from my home.

  big_smartmouth

1:57 PM

annie, going from a place like seattle to rexburg, i can see why this post was hard for you! =( but, don't worry, seattle isn't going anywhere! get done with school and then high tail it back to washington! it'll be waiting for you. oh, and i love anniversaries! i love being able to say that we've been married 3 years. sounds cool, huh? but, i can't wait to say milestones like 5, 10, or 15 yrs!

nicole, i'm so sorry we forgot about you!! my other friend in tacoma called me out as well. but, we love to go up there as much as possible, so we will HAVE to get together the next time we come up. and, yes, we will pull you out of your tacoma comfort zone and bring your children to the joys of seattle! =)

  Piter and Heidi

10:28 PM

I think I already said it but happy anniversary anyway!