well, it's the day after thanksgiving. you know what that means...
IT'S OFFICIALLY THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!
to start it off right, here's a little Chirstmas "getting to know you" about the plaksey fam. hope you enjoy!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
sarah: if it's easy to wrap, i use paper. if not, i'll use a bag.
illya: grocery bags...what? it's "wrapped"!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
REAL!! we even like to chop it down ourselves. we HATE fake ones! unless you are allergic, then don't be lazy! buy real!!
3. When do you put up the tree?
we try for the first week of december.
4. When do you take the tree down?
it's customary in ukraine to keep it up through "old new years", january 13th.
5. Do you like eggnog?
we both LOVE it!! but, we go for the "lite" eggnog (we both feel sick when we look at the calories on the side of the regular eggnog carton!)
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
sarah: my cabbage patch doll...dang those are ugly but I loved it! (good answer, misty!)
illya: a small, expensive german train set. i was stupid and lost it piece by piece as a child.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
sarah: my dad! he has everything already.
illya: my mom! she's so picky.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
illya: sarah...she likes everything!
sarah: illya...he shows me EXACTLY what he wants and even shops for the store that has the cheapest prices for me.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? no, we don't have one yet. we want a certain kind and that kind is really expensive. besides, misty, we haven't gotten "the Jesus in us" yet, like you =)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL! so, if you want one, give me your address!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
sarah: an ugly bear sweater i got from my grandmother...when i was 14! loved her dearly, but what do you expect from a woman who wore nothing but polyester?!
illya: i never got a bad present.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Christmas Vacation! "grace! she passed away 30 years ago!" ...never gets old!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
we both do it all year round. i think the earliest present i ever bought was in february! (what? sales know no season!)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
christmas presents, birthday presents, wedding presents...if we don't like it, it'll be someone elses problem next year!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
sarah: cookies! i am not a big cookie eater through the year, but, what is it about christmas that makes me scarf them down like i'm a homeless person who hasn't eaten in 4 days?!
16. Lights on the tree? but of course! and it's all about WHITE lites!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
sarah: man! just one?? let's see...can't do it! i love them ALL (except "little drummer boy"! talk about a snooze fest). i do love josh gorbans "o holy night" & stevie wonders "wish you a merry christmas" A LOT!
illya: the Christmas song
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? since our whole family lives close, we stay home. someday, we will make it to hawaii for christmas though!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
sarah: yes, of course! who can't??
illya: i can't
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? we use my grandmother's angel (the only thing my aunt gave me after she passed away...but i'm not bitter!)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We open ONE gift on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the traffic and packed parking lots! we both get really frustrated!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color. no theme. we just love the ones that mean something to us. but, again, white lights are a must!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner:
sarah: the stuffing and pies!
illya: mashed potatoes!!